2. Cut out the posterboard in the shape of the plate.
3. Cut out the vinyl so that it is a half inch longer from the side of the plate.
4. Using your hole puncher, punch out holes in the posterboard about 3/4" from the ends. Try to make the holes somewhat close to each other.
5. Sew the posterboard to the vinyl through the holes in the posterboard. Remember to tie several knots in the thread at the end so that it doesn't go through.
6. Glue the plate design to the already attached posterboard.
7. Put the velcro straps on the ends of the belt
It does take some time and can be frustrating, but trust me, it'll be worth it.
Take a weight belt and put it in between two license plates (Letter side in). Put a design on the blank side. Tape with either electical tape or duct tape. It's really good for when the belts are used as weapons.
-From Dragon of PCW
Use the foam and plastic belts you get at live WWF events. We have also made some belts with a carpet strap and cardboard plates.
-From Showstopper of EWA
To make a title belt for really cheap that doesn't look all that bad, buy some vinyl material or just use a regular belt. Then cut out the plates for your belt from pie pans. Paint your design on them. Fold the edges of the plates over because they're really sharp after you cut them out. Attach the plates to the vinyl or regular belt and you have a cheap (Possibly free) belt that doesn't look all that bad.
-From Lock of ICW
|Back to The Backyard Wrestling Link - Back to Constructive Ideas|